WOODWORKING MACHINE OPERATOR TRAINING
Certificated operator training courses covering all types, makes and models of woodworking equipment for industry and education.
We had two days of external training for the team this Month to enable to use our spindle moulder to produce various moulds. We would highly recommend DaltonsWadkin for training to new and tenured staff ...as there is always something new to learn.
Up Skilling with the help of the british woodworking federation and daltonswadkin
The importance of handmade products captured her by photoshop digital sums it up perfectly I think.
There are “economic” reasons…1. Buying handmade is a win-win situation: You enrich your life with beautiful handmade goods, and you enable an artist to continue pursuing their creative dreams.
2. Handmade items are true, great works of art (at affordable prices)!
3. You can be proud, knowing that you are supporting small businesses.
4. It is great for the economy
5. You are contributing to an “insurance policy” that helps keep the crafting industry alive. In return, this gives room for more unique and different items to become available each year.
6. Supporting handmade artists, which is absolutely vital in this current economy. We need to support local, small businesses and artists over the big corporations.
8. You are buying directly from the maker, which is a much more intimate and personal shopping experience, something that isn’t available from corporate companies.
9. Money is well spent. Rather than most of the cost going towards the profit margin of a huge conglomeration, you’re paying for a fair wage for one (or a few) people.
10. Sincerity. People don’t hand craft things just to make money. They’re not just the product of a slick R&D department for profit. They make things that involve years of learned skills, passion, enthusiasm, commitment and sincerity.
There are “feeling” reasons…1. Probably the most important reason is that the product is, well, handmade! That by itself translates to quality, and a whole lot of love!
2. Handmade products are more than just a product, it is 100% creativity and uniqueness, and that shows.
3. Giving a handmade product instead of mass-produced is more like writing a letter to someone instead of an email.
4. By choosing handmade products you support a true artist that loves what his does.
5. When you buy something handmade, you create a direct relationship with the artist/ designer of the product.
6. Giving a handmade product is truly the essence of gift-giving. When you give a friend, or loved one a gift, you are really saying “I care about you.”
7. It wasn’t mass-produced in some factory where several people attached one part, to create the whole product, over and over and over again.
8. Environmentally friendly: it is common to use recycled materials when making handmade items.
WorkSHOP Bespoke Joinery
January is a good time to have plenty of bespoke work booked that needs to be made in the workshop, as the weather often delays getting on with external works such as door and window fitting etc.
So what are we making in the workshop at the moment?
Well we are busy finishing off Accoya windows and doors for the Timber frame Barn we have built in Danehill.
We also have a staircase being made and a number of cabinets for private customers wanting to create addition storage to hide away the practical items we all have in our homes.
Earlier in January we fitted some doors for lovely lady who sent us the most delightful thank you note as she was so please with the quality of workmanship and the service she received - Thank you Mary.
We have a number of our existing clients rebooking with us again this year for new projects, which is always a great way to start the year.
Hope you are also having a fantastic start to 2018.
Christmas Holiday 2017
We shall be closed from Friday 22nd December 2017 returning on the 2nd of January 2018.
Wishing you'd yours a Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year!
From all the team at Tremletts.
Christmas tree festival - cuckfield
We are really looking forward to being part of this years 'Cuckfield Christmas Tree Festival' and hope to see you there.
Its a lovely way to start the festive season and a reminder to all of us as to the true meaning of Christmas and a opportunity to come together and support our community and local charities.
From Friday the 8th-10th December.
Building in Progress
It really is very exciting to see a building at each stage of its construction and understand the importance of the various professionals in the process. Our team is working very well and making excellent progress on this project as promised here are a few images are where we where up to on Monday.
Oak timber frame is beginning to take shape this week, this is a project we have been involved with from the groundworks and look forward to seeing its completion in the coming Months. Watch this space, to see the project developing.
New team member
We are delighted to have recently welcomed Joe to our team, Joe is loving the sense of accomplishment that woodwork brings. We look forward to supporting Joe on his journey to become fully trained in all aspects of joinery.
Great reclaimed doors similar to these going in to a period property in Cuckfield this week...along with a secret door, set into a wall. A great sense of drama and fun in equal measures not to mention a practical use of space. Check out our gallery in the coming weeks for these images.
Well its nearly that special time of year again when we take time to reflect upon the past year and look forward to welcoming in the New a Year. So we just wanted to say "Thank You" to all our customers old and new, we have been involved in some fantastic projects this year and had the opportunity to work for some terrific local businesses.
From bespoke doors, to timber framed building works we have had an exciting year. Also receiving recognition from the IOC (Institute of Carpenters) - David has been awarded a Fellowship and we are also proud members of the BWF ( The British Woodworking Federation). So time now to slow down and enjoy the fast approaching Christmas,
we wish you a Peaceful and Happy Christmas from All the team at Tremletts Carpentry.